Thursday, November 5, 2009

Drawing people

Today in drop everything and draw, we drew our other classmmates who were acting as models. We used charcol like utensils and had to draw very generally at first, I liked it. I feel that when i am not to specific with things other than people I have the potential to be a very good artist. I was one of the models and realized that it is not as easy as it may look, it is very tough actually. I liked this particular class because the models were not expecting them to be perfect so my ability at this was not judged to be bad. Hopefully next time I will be able to be just as generic with the pictures because it feels like that is my strong suit in drawing.

1 comment:

  1. yes taylor! it's like a building a house. you don't start by picking out the doorknobs, right? you build the structure and them layer the other stuff on top. with some more practice at building the structure like you did today you might find adding details doesn't seem so overwhelming. keep that positive attitude about this work!

    ReplyDelete